HO HO HO!


Scott was SO excited to go see Santa last week. We talked about it for days before hand (mommy wanted to be sure he fully understood what would be happening... sitting on lap, talking to Santa, etc etc) We got to the mall and stood in line, and as soon as we were close enough to see Santa, Scott pointed him out and kept referring to his "hat". I asked him if he wanted to go see Santa: Yea. I asked him if he wanted to sit on Santa's lap: Yea. I was gaining confidence that all would be well.

Our friend Colin was up first, and his visit with Santa was not so successful. I worried then that Scott would see Colin's reaction and be afraid himself, but he willingly (yet timidly) released his grip on me as I sat him in Santa's lap. He was in a state of shock for the first 3 minutes (which is, of course, when they took the picture) but Im just proud he isnt screaming, crying, or reaching for me. Before the visit was over, I got Scott to say that he wanted a "guck" (truck) and he reached up to point out Santa's hat. Santa humored us with a HO HO HO (been teaching Scott to say it, when asked what Santa says) and gave Scott a little booklet to hold his picture as we left. Two more of Scott's friends sat with Santa after Scott, and none of them had the success that Scott and i had. I was so proud of my chill, too cool for school, son and his nice visit with Santa...
The kid asked for a truck... a truck the kid will get!!

No comments: