Drumroll Please!!!

Scott is the most solid little man you ever did see... sturdy and unbreakable. He also happens to be a big chicken!! Getting the kid to walk is an adventure because he is so afraid of falling that he just doesnt try!!! So, we've been working with baby steps. Got him a walking toy, been walking with him between mom and dad, holding hands, to the park and back. And most recently, walking with him EVERYWHERE! If we need to go somewhere in the house, instead of picking him up, I stand him up, take his hand, and walk him to our destination. He seems to be getting more confident, and will now take a step or two to get to you. As long as he thinks he'll be able to reach you before he falls. If it looks too far, forget it. Straight to the butt and crawling. The most entertaining part of the walking to me, is that he KNOWS hes doing it, and he gets so excited that it makes him giggly and wiggly, which makes the walking a bit harder. Vicious cycle!! Finally we caught some of this said walking on tape!

Only 2 weeks and 2 days til this kid is ONE YEAR OLD!!! We just cant believe its been that long at all! He is such a little boy! He makes sound effects Ive never taught him (such a boy gene, what is it??) and he has a DEFINITE and ADORABLE personality! Ill post more about his fantasticness in his 1 year post, but I had two story I just had to share!

Dude got home from work last night, and (as always) Scott was thrilled to see him. They played for a minute, and then Dude walked into the other room. Scott noticed his dad was missing and YELLED "DAAAAA", sat down and crawled to me with this look of sadness and abandonment on his face. He was seriously sad! Dude, or course, came running back into the room, and as soon as Scott saw him he was happy again. Needless to say, the next time Dude left the room, Scott was on his hip! ;)

Dude gave Scott his bath the other night, while I cleaned up dinner. After a while, i hear "mamamanananmamama" coming from the bathroom. Dude opened the door and said "youre being called!". Sure enough, when I walked in, he stopped yelling and gave me a HUGE grin. I left, and he resumed the chanting. We played that game for a few minutes before I decided to just join the party in the bathroom, and it became family fun!

Scott knows us, and he knows exactly how to melt us and get what he wants. We are in trouble.... :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! All of it! Scott is just the sweetest boy.

The Luthy Life said...

Way to go Scott! I loved his huge grin when he heard you and Dude applauding him. I bet it melts your heart each time he smiles at you. I am going to miss you Jessi. We will definitely keep in touch though. When you guys drive through Vegas promise you'll get let me know so we can hook up. Or if you want a weekend gettaway come stay with us. Love ya!

American Falls TaVaci said...

He is so darling!!

Jenna Kae said...

what a kooky kid. he better be able to walk over to me tomorrow when i come over, or else! :)