8 Months of Joy

Our little dude is now 8 months old, and it is still a joy to be his parents. That is something big to say today, since he got his first runny nose last night and we've been having an adventure of a time since then! You know how you saw those kids when you were a teenager with the snot all the way to their mouth and you swore your kid would never be so gross?? Well, sometimes its IMPOSSIBLE! This kid is a faucet!!!
Needless to say, despite the snoring, fussing, wheezing, and slime factor, he is still the cutest living thing I have ever seen, and I am so glad that he is in our family!
Scott is trying so hard to tell us things, with all of his yelling, grunting and babbling. He'll get a word out eventually, but for now, Ill take whatever language he'll give me. He understands words like Daddy, Cici, doggy, mommy, bath, bottle, night night, etc. I havent gotten him to successfully do a sign for any of these things, but he knows what it means when I say "all done" and wave my hand in the air! Sometimes hes not so happy about that one! This kid is a fish!! He LOVES his baths, and goes crazy with the splashing! He can get from his back to his bum on his own, but sometimes a kids just gotta splash, so he lies there (with his eyes squinted, hes learned that splashing can get into eyes) and soaks the entire room and everything in it! He is SO strong, i think hes stronger than I am sometimes (and especially if Im trying to take something away that he wants....) Scott has just started walking along couches and such once he is standing up against one. Hes not one to be stopped from getting where he wants to go! Which reminds me of a funny fact: I had a laundry basket blocking one side of the hallway between his bedroom (where he was) and the bathroom (where I was). He WEDGED himself between the basket and the wall, instead of going around it... yelling the whole way. I laughed at his simple-minded determination!!
One of Scott's favorite things to do lately is type! He bangs on the keyboard, laughing the whole time, usually telling daddy a jarbled story about his day. It is so cute! Anything that is not a toy is Sctt's favorite toy! He has been carrying around a whistly halloween straw, using it as a drumstick, for the past few weeks. Forget the rattles and animals when there are straws and wisks!!!
Scott is an absolute joy in our lives, and just writing this post has made me less grumpy about my present lack of sleep and excess of ticked off baby! Poor little snotty thing is my cute loveable baby underneath!!! Love him!

1 comment:

The Bori Family said...

OK, I might have mentioned this before, but this kid needs to be on a Gymboree or The Children's
Place ad! What a cute little dude!!!!!