"My given name is Benjamin Buford Blue, but people call me Bubba"

FINALLY!! Bubba came to visit! He arrived Tuesday evening, and when he came in, Scott was in my arms and just gave Bubba the stare down. My dad is a very "stand back and let the kid do his thing" kind of guy, and sure enough his hard to get attitude worked, and within minutes, Scott was reaching for Bubba, wanting to be held by him. And who wouldnt, when Bubba flies you around a parking lot like an airplane, lets you grab his face off, eats your hands, and turns you on your head!! Sounds like fun to me, a human rollercoaster, just Scott's size!!

We loved having my dad around! He is such a fungi (get it, fun guy?? haha)! He arrived prepared to help Dude build a new desk for his office, and they spent their evenings in Home Depot (3 trips to Home Depot for one desk... I know, crazy!) and in the driveway bolting and planning and getting it all worked out. I will post pictures of the desk as soon as we get the top bolted on, the frame and top are currently sitting seperate of each other in the garage, awaiting an additional Home Depot trip for some more bolts!
Bubba was able to see Scott in his element, and he and I spent a lot of time watching and laughing at the silly things that Scott does when left to his own! He talks to himself, climbs up everything, and if youre watching, every now and then looks at you and flashes a huge grin and a chuckle! This morning, as we were getting ready for the day, Scott was lying down having his bottle, and decided he wanted to be sitting up, so he did. Kept the bottle in his mouth with one hand, grabbed his blankie with the other and watched the TV, Bubba, and anything there was that he could see better from this new vantage point!
Bubba introduced Scott and I to Culver's today, before he left town. It is a burger/frozen custard joint from back east that has some locations in AZ. It was nummy, and I know when I take Dude back there, it will become one of his favorites. Scott is now officially addicted to chocolate custard (i know, Im a terrible mother... whatev!) and will be on a sugar high for the next 2 weeks!

Upon arriving home from lunch, my dad having gone the opposite way to the airport, I discovered that he had removed 3 dying or dead bushes that are constantly in my way when Im getting in and out of my car! What a good daddy, taking care of me like that! If anyone wants to argue this next point, I have enough evidence for a very long debate: my dad is the BEST dad anyone could ask for!!! Thanks for coming to visit, Bubba, we love you!!



1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love your music on your blog. The old classics. Wouldnt it be fun to have a dance with the girls to this stuff!!? I love that you feed Scotters icecream. Rays baby has been fed just about everything that contains some crazy amount of sugar. If she only knew! Love it!