Tadpole Generation

Its official--I gave birth to an aquatic species!! Scott had his first swim lesson today, with his friends Anderson, Colin and Rylan. The instructor kept saying how surprised she was that none of them shed a tear, but I wasnt too shocked! These kids are so adventurous, and LOVE their water!! As soon as we were in, just listening to the lady, Scott was busy splashing! He didnt waste any time!

This first week, we learned how to "float" on our backs, which wasnt Scott's favorite thing. I dont know if it was because he'd rather be splashing, or if he felt insecure being held so far from me, but he sure got clingy when I tried to get him to do the backstroke!!

We also learned how to go under! Scott was a master at that, and he was the first to volunteer! He came up looking a bit confused about what just happened to him, but it didnt phase him a bit, and he carried on with his splashing and fun. Overall, he did GREAT and just needs to get used to the back stuff... we've got time!


The gang! Scott and I are so glad to be in these lessons, and just LOVE our good swimming buddies! Here's to a summer of WET!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So much fun!

Anonymous said...

It's great to see Scott and all his swim buddies. We're all so proud of him. It brings tears to my eyes to think how well he's growing up. I love it!! You're a wonderful Mom Jessie. I sure admire you and Dude and your little family!

Bonny said...

That's so cute. And it makes me desperate for warm weather so I can go swimming!

Anthony and Rachel Orme said...

That's good to get him in swimming lessons while he is still young. I bet there are a lot of pool in Arizona. :)

More Bacon said...

It's too cold to think about swimming up here right now, but it looks so fun! What a great activity to do together!