Mom and Scotty's Day of Fun!

Scott and I had a busy and fun day today! By the time we got home this afternoon, Scott was totally wiped, and he's still napping now! Our day started bright and early, like it only can with a kid ( 6 am ). Breakfast of milk for Scott and cereal for mom was eaten where it should be on a Saturday morning... in front of CARTOONS!! Scott has been feeding himself lately, and I've noticed that he more often stops eating before the milk is gone. I'm beginning to think I was feeding him too much, but since it was there, being held in his mouth... he kept eating without complaint. But now that he does it for himself, he usually starts playing and stops eating about 2/3 of the way through. Maybe he's put himself on a diet????

This afternoon we headed off to the Taste of San Tan event at the outdoor mall in our area. It was a meetup activity with my moms group, and since it was only me and one other mom, I brought Jenna along for the fun! It was San Tan's 1 year anniversary, and they had everything you could want! Tons of samples from all of their restaurants (and I don't mean a bite on a toothpick, I mean close to FULL meals, from every booth!), music being played at different locations throughout the mall by live bands, coupons being handed out like crazy (Im SURE these stores were getting a lot of business, but we just took the free stuff!!)
There were a few people dressed up crazy making balloon animals, and a lady with blue hair and blue suede shoes made Scott a monkey balloon. He thought the sound that it made when he grabbed it was the coolest thing ever, so I couldnt quite get a straight picture, he was too distracted! Scott loved to watch the playpad water fountain in the kids area, and all the kids running through and getting wet. He was amazed by it, and when i stuck his feet in the fountain, he giggled and squirmed like only Scott can! He seemed to love seeing and watching and being outside!

In one area of the mall, they had blocked off a whole section of road where a sidewalk chalk artist was drawing a cactus, pumpkin, sunset, halloween/arizona artwork, and they had chalk and personal sized chalkboard that people were decorating and laying on the sidewalk around the big drawing. Angela and I drew our kids names, and I think they turned out way fun! Side note: I was not expecting to be playing with chalk and eating bbq, and sitting on the curb: khaki pants probably wasnt my brightest idea of the day... they have green chalk flecks and bbq sauce spots on them now!!
I traced Scott's hands on his chalkboard, and he had blue chalk between his fingers. It was not an easy task getting a fat piece of blue chalk between a set of 5 fat fingers, but it was fun. He wanted to grab the board and did a pretty good job of smearing the chalk around by the time we were done with the photos!
From the beginning of our afternoon, I was looking for the face-painting guy! The schedule of events paper that I had SAID he would be there, and I wanted Scott to get a painted face. So before we left, we went looking for him one more time, and FOUND HIM!! I was determined, so we ended up extending our day by about 30 minutes waiting in his line. When I got to the front and asked for a basketball, the guy said "thats not food! I was only doing food items cause this is a food tasting event"... I made him *correction, asked nicely for him to just do the dang basketball! He had to mix the orange, and right as he was finishing the perfect circle, Scott wiggled, and we got a little smudge. Little smudge nothin! As soon as we were done taking there pictures he had drool washing half of it all off!! But it sure was cute while it lasted. Scott's friend Aurora succumbed to the food rule, and switched from a flower to a strawberry...





1 comment:

Jessica said...

HOw fun! You two always are doing something fun! Makes me want to find a baby so that I can come along!