When I have grown a foot or two

My favorite brother, Devan, went into the MTC (missionary training center) yesterday!! He will be serving for a period of 24 months in the San Juan Puerto Rico East mission. He will speak the spanish language, and serve on more than a dozen islands. It was my first chance to go to the MTC, and it was an awesome experience. The spirit fills those halls, and I found myself more excited than Devan than sad for myself. He is going to be a great missionary, and Im sure he will love every minute of it! He will be in the Provo, UT MTC for only three weeks, then will move on to the Dominican Republic MTC for 5 more weeks before heading to Puerto Rico. I told Scott as we were leaving "this is just a preview. We'll be back in 18.5 years". Scott definitely has strong, faithful, AWESOME examples of men in his life. His great-grandpas, his Bubba, his Papi, his daddy, and his uncle Devan!! Ill be writing a letter every week now, my penmanship will restore itself from months and months (years, even) of not much but typing! I know Devan is doing the right thing in serving the Lord and proclaiming the word of God to the people of Puerto Rico! We love you Dev!!

No comments: