Grand Tour

One day, you'll come visit and see this for yourself, I'm sure of it. However, since it could have changed 2 times before then, and I have to do a blog a day :) I'll give you the virtual tour of the newest rooms in our house.
You already got a sneak preview of the BIG BOY BED, but until mid/late June that big boy bed was still in the middle of a jungle themed nursery. We can't have that now, can we... especially since another child was in need of the jungle fare.
A few repainted squares, some vintage cars straight from Cuba, and an airplane toy straight from Spain, a new toy shelf, a car rug and a table for trains... what more could a transportation lovin kid need?!

There used to be 3 jungle theme framed pictures on this wall, and I could NOT think of what to replace them with... til I saw some unpainted wood shapes at the dollar store and dug deep for the creative juice in my bones. Bravely, I used PAINT on a wall in an ARTISTIC way. I don't know what I was thinking... after learning that I needed to keep a wet paper towel close by for mistakes, I did it, and my vision took life. And turned out totally awesome, if I do say so myself!

My kids dont have the luxury of a "play room", but they DO get all their toys right in their rooms... so I'm not sure they would consider the lack of toy room a bad thing. This particular "blessing" causes some difficulty at 8 pm, 6 am, and 12 pm. How hard is it to sleep when your eyes open and there are TOYS!! Right there!! Waiting to be played with!! Apparantly, its very hard.
We did some major room rearranging, and made what used to be the office into the new nursery. I would like you to note that there is still a fully functional guest bed here. Just for you. Please use it soon.

Isaac's room was a lot easier than Scott's because I already had all the stuff, and just moved it from one room to another. There is still one unfinished piece, and its the blank spot above the crib... I am currently coveting/accepting donations for this:
Vinyl lettering of his name with a cute monkey. Of course, it won't say Elijah, this is simply a demonstration!

I was a little worried about how these built in shelves would play a part in a nursery, but I rather like the decorating without decorating that it allows. All I had to do was stick the cute colorful toys on the shelves, and the room is a full, bright, happy place (complete with guest bed, did I mention that?)

For any of you that feel ripped off because this post has no pictures of the kids: get over it. I promised a blog a day, not a picture of the kids every day. Maybe you'll get lucky tomorrow!!