Over the River and Through the Woods

Well, it was actually more like over a dam and through Las Vegas...

We have driven to Utah many times, but usually it's through the night and we arrive at 3 am. THIS time, we decided to take our time, see the sights, and see some of our favorite people along the way! First stop: Hoover Dam! Dude was full of (useless?) knowledge about the Hoover Dam, and he was reciting the storage file from his brain to us the whole time we were driving through. It was all very interesting... the one I remember is that there are dead people in the dam. Whole dead bodies. Not really the uplifting kind of stuff you read about here on my blog, but that's the knowledge I retained from my lesson. When you win a million on a game show with that answer, you can promptly write me a check. It was I, in fact, who made the first "dam" joke, but it wasn't a joke! I really didn't know they had dam tours!? But they DO, and people spend whole days there: going on dam tours, riding the dam elevator, talking to the dam workers, taking dam pictures.... I digress
Really is quite a breathtaking thing. Amazing!!

Next stop: Las Vegas!! Here's where I have to admit that I didn't take any pictures. I am a terrible blogger and a terrible mom. Go ahead, think it. Did you? OK, moving on!
In Las Vegas, are the 4 of the coolest ladies we know, and we got to see them! Pizza, swimming pools, watermelon and chatting by the pool! It was a perfect way to spend an evening, we don't see those gals enough!
We slept in a hotel room in Vegas. Talk about an adventure. 2 year old in a hotel room, in a pack and play that he is speedily outgrowing, reaching everything, laughing, talking and generally NOT sleeping. Not til after 10 pm, that is. Great, just great... tomorrow should be fun!

Up in the morning and on our way. Last stop on the road: Nana and Papa! Who, I must say, live in a house that is definitely NOT toddler proofed! Watch out china!!

Scott just loves his Nana and Papa. He was ready to play ball with Papa all day long (unfortunately we didn't have all day long). We were able to have lunch, play some ball, and celebrate a birthday with delicious cake and ice cream. Nothing like getting a 2 year old wound up on ice cream right before a car ride, right? We're smart.


Isaac just about rolled from his back to front for the very first time right before Nana's eyes... he got SO close. I think that would have made Nana's YEAR! Come on Isaac, get with the program kiddo! Performing for adults and being cute=free cake. Just ask Scott.
If you couldn't tell, this is the beginning of the series of blogs I like to call "We went to Utah, where people take lots of pictures." More stories and pics soon (well, tomorrow!)



No comments: