Don't Blink or You'll Miss It

So, I left Saturday morning for an overnight trip and when I returned Sunday evening... Isaac was mobile. He also slept through the night. It must be some kind of daddy magic. Or mommy teasing. Hmm...
It took me a few days to get a good video of it, he is really into army crawling, or only crawling as much as necessary before he can just kind of lunge his body towards the goal and stop putting forth the effort.



So, I finally got the video today, and just after I did... Isaac pulled himself up against a cardboard box in order to get to something up high. Uh... he is BARELY 6 months. What is happening? I feel like I am in the twilight zone. Don't agree? It gets better, wait.

(Scott wanted to be in the video so bad, that I offered to take a picture of him afterwards, and he wanted to crawl like Isaac. So, here you will see the crawling expertise of Mr. Scotty B)

Here's the worst part. All in one day I get a video of Isaac crawling, he gets up to his knees against a box in order to get to something he shouldnt have (surprise surprise), and then this happens. I went to get him from his afternoon nap to find him STANDING in his crib! STANDING!?! I might as well have cried right then and sent him off to college. This is when it all starts happening so fast, I remember with Scott. But somehow, I didn't feel like it was all happening too fast the first time around. This time, I feel like if I look away, I'll miss it. Maybe I feel that way because I did look away and miss it. And I constantly am. Isaac is a speedy learner, stronger than strong, and will unavoidably be the cause of many gray hairs in his parents future.

I love this picture because he was SO SO SO proud of himself, then as soon as I took the picture he fell backwards into his crib. Flat on his back with the most shocked look on his face. "What was THAT?! Let's do it again!!"

1 comment:

Duncan Chronicles said...

They do grow too fast!! I'm missing Julia teeny tiny and snuggly. Although, today she is putting her mouth on my cheek and making a humming sound. I think its her way of giving a kiss. I like it!