The Return of Sunday Dinner

Believe me, I already know. I am a failure. Any thing that you have thought about it (i.e. she was doing so well, she was so close, etc) I have thought it first, and worse. I was so disappointed in myself this morning when I realized not only had I gone to bed without blogging, I had totally forgotten about the pictures I was planning to take at our Sunday Dinner so I would have something to blog ABOUT!! I knew what pictures I wanted, and what I wanted to blog about... and it didn't happen. I've been through a week long vacation and not missed a day of blogging. Even at 1:30 am FL time, I blogged... but then, on a LAZY Sunday it slips my mind. I'm totally embarrassed, so no need to call me and make fun. No need...

Here's the blog I coulda/shoulda/woulda posted:

If there is one thing I have missed "the most" about living near family, it is BIG FAMILY DINNERS. Every Sunday, gathering with family and other random loved ones to do the one thing we all agree on. Eat.
I can't believe it has taken me over 2 years to just fake my own big family dinner. Instead, I have been sitting on a Sunday evening, at my own little kitchen table, with one husband, one (or 2) kid and so much food it could feed an army. Twice.
So a few weeks ago, we had a Sunday dinner with friends because I lost a bet (not that I'd have to lose a bet to have dinner with them, it just worked out that way...) and it was SO GREAT! made it feel like my Sunday was complete.
So, we did it again last night.



What I planned: take pictures of the kids playing and eating their Sunday dinner to put in my blog about Sunday Dinners.
What I did: totally forgot the camera was in my bag, came home tired and went to bed early. Completely forgetting that I still needed to blog.

So you will just have to take my word for it. Sunday Dinners are awesome! Good food, loved ones and a return to what I think Sunday's are really all about!
Can't wait to do it again. If you're lucky, I'll take pictures.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Sometimes you just have to change the date under post options to make it LOOK like you blogged on the day you wanted to. Trust me, no one will know. =0)